Effective learning of Biblical principles resulting in life change is fully dependent upon the work of the Holy Spirit. These principles and their application are integrated throughout the school curriculum. Vital elements include recognizing the authority of the Bible, a purposeful curriculum and a modeling teacher using student-appropriate content.
The Morrison Academy Bible Curriculum
- Exposes the student to the breadth of the Bible
- Highlights basic doctrines and Biblical character traits
- Uses Scripture memorization among its strategies
- Emphasizes who God is
- Challenges students to accept Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord
- Encourages students to accept their self-worth as unique creations in God’s image
- Provides instruction in ethical decision-making from a Christian perspective
- Promotes respect for persons regardless of race, culture, faith, and values
- Leads students toward spiritually mature choices in attitude and behavior
- Fosters personal growth
Students are encouraged to use their New International Version Student Bible daily.Middle School Bible courses include New Testament Survey (Grade 6), the study of Wisdom as presented in the Book of Proverbs (Grade 7), and Old Testament Survey (Grade 8).
The Grade 6 course is designed to give students exposure to the Redemptive story which culminates in the life of Christ and is spread through the work of the Church found in the New Testament. Throughout the course, students will be introduced to the themes of each New Testament book and learn how to apply Scripture to their lives.
The Grade 7 course is designed for students to draw knowledge, wisdom, and understanding for themselves from the Word of God. The course goes beyond doctrinal and factual knowledge and applies guidance to real life scenarios. The hope is for students to wise up under the conviction of the Holy Spirit and to see them conform to the image of Jesus Christ.
The Grade 8 course provides a basic introduction to the structure and themes of the Old Testament. As students journey through this fast-moving survey, they will discover truths and applications that God placed in each book of the Old Testament.